Our finance people are some of the very best in the country, and they deal with big budgets every day – but also big challenges to ensure our business keeps growing at a fast pace whilst delivering sustainable profits for the long term. We’re not afraid to let you get hands on with big accounts and make real financial decisions that impact the business. Our Finance Programme has a track record of success with former Finance graduates progressing to senior roles such as Financial Controller, Head of Trading Strategy & Planning and Head of Business Change.
Keep up to date
The application window for the 2022 Graduate Programme has now closed. Register your interest for our 2023 programme and we will get in touch to let you know when you can apply.Register your interest
- Duration of programme 3 years
- Location Cork, Dublin and Belfast
- Rotations 3 x 12-month rotations in Finance teams in Cork, Dublin or Belfast
- Essential qualifications Honours Degree (Level 8); accountancy degree or accountancy modules are a distinct advantage
- Desirable qualifications Practical internship or experience in an accountancy or commercial role Postgraduate qualifications in accountancy/financial field
What will you be doing?
Our Finance teams drive business performance through analysis and commentary, working closely with internal stakeholders and our retail partners. The role is exciting and varied as you will rotate around different areas of our finance department including retail and credit control, trading finance and financial control.
In addition, you will develop the business skills in order to understand and apply your technical skills in a business context; people skills to influence the decisions, actions and behaviours of business stakeholders through effective communication; and leadership skills to lead your peers and teams to deliver business objectives.
To support your professional development, you will be supported financially to achieve the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) professional qualification. This will be undertaken via the CGMA Finance Leadership Programme. This is an online learning programme, similar in scope and rigor to a master’s degree, that teaches you the finance, business, people and leadership skills that you need to succeed in the finance team of the future.
The professional experience you will complete is aligned with the CIMA Competency Framework and counts towards the professional experience requirements criteria to become a CGMA designation holder.
Our Finance grads rotate across three different teams during the Programme, these are:
- Financial Control and Business Partnering, which includes providing relevant insight and analysis to the business to help drive performance via weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on sales and margin; delivery of performance decks, quarterly accounts and supporting information for relevant stakeholders to support the profit and growth agenda.
- Trading Finance and Retail Finance, which includes providing analysis and support through reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to our Trading team and wider business, understanding and driving customer profitability.
- Retail Finance, which includes supporting the Retail Accountants in delivering profit improvement plans for our retail partners by regular engagement with the Retail Finance Team.
Commercial food leadership
Are you passionate about food and drink? Do you want to develop your experience and gain the commercial skills to turn your interest into a career? If so, then this brand-new grad role could be for you.
Are you the kind of person that doesn’t like standing still? Want a role where no two days are the same? You could be working in one of the busiest food supply chain functions in Ireland.
Business Analyst / Project Manager
Are you someone with a great attention to detail, strong analytical skills and excellent communication? You could join Musgrave in one of the newest areas of our business.
Insight & Innovation
Innovation is at the heart of our business and brands, so if you are passionate about digital channels and customer experiences, like we are, then this could be the role for you.
IT – Information / Cyber Security
Are you happy to get to grips with security for Ireland’s largest private sector employer, and a business with 11 market leading food and drink brands? Then this could be the role for you.
If numbers are your thing, then you won’t find a better place to put your skills to good use than in the finance department of Ireland’s largest private sector employer.
Have you got big ideas for extraordinary brand campaigns, a passion for digital marketing or an eye for creative design? We’re looking for grads to help us build the brands of tomorrow.
Ready to develop your negotiating skills? Excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced department with purchases worth millions of euros to be made every day?